Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Prayer

I beleive that I should pray. In this way I am able to exercise my relationship with God. I have direct access to the creator through prayer. While its natural to pray when times are tough, I really like to pray when things are great.

I have a friend who beleives that God does not answer prayer. I understand why he beleives this and have come to believe the mathematics of his argument. I asked him if he prays and he said yes of course. Does prayer matter? Yes of course. Is God going to unravel or effect change in the entire world because of my desire? No! Will God break the very laws he put in place for the sake of my wish? Not! Is God a cosmic candy machine? He says Its easy to beleive in a God that answers all your prayers. I have to agree. Read Job.

I continue to talk to God anyway. Ya, I continue to ask him for stuff..shame on me. I ask forgiveness which I feel is accepted. I ask for guidance which feels answered. I give thanksgiving which I beleive makes me one with the creator and helps me revel in the joy of being one with spirit.

Anyway, I didnt really plan to talk about prayer, I really just wanted to do it here in the cyberworld because my friend Kim sang for the first time in months of darkenss......

Lord God I praise You
I praise You with voice
I praise You with mind
I praise You with soul
I praise You with all I have
All I am and all I am meant to be

I praise You Lord God.
You are restoring my soulsister and Lord God I know You heard when she sang out to you. 
Please continue to restore her health and give her back her joy, give her back her song.

Spirit reside in me,
that I may be Your reflection
and give You form
for those who can not see

amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!