Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We got the keys to the house 4:45 on Monday afteroon. Actually, the bank transaction took place at 4:28 and the bank closed at 4:30. My lawyer waited at the bank in line and with only 2 minutes to spare, did the transaction. She then rushed back to her office and completed the land registry. 15 minutes before the lawyers office closed, the paperwork was complete.

We truly expected another day of defeat and praise the lord it worked out for us. We then grabbed our Uhaul truck and by 9pm we were unpacked. I took a drive back to my freinds house and grabbed a load of "straggler" boxes and furniture. Sue and I unloaded that on Tuesday morning. We woke to the sound of loons on the river. It feels so good to have landed home.

Because of the delays, my data facilities were postponed and bnow they are saying Aug5. That sucks! I'm back in Toronto now as I cant work without data. So it will be another couple weeks before I can move in now. I am staying with freinds while Sue listens to the loons.

I got an email from a freind telling me about his ordeal when moving. My goodness, I thought I had it bad! It is amazing to me, how no matter how bad things are, there is ALWAYS someone who has it worse! I got to thinking about the phrase "misery loves company". Its funny because I am always quick to share my misery, yet not really looking for company......just empathy, or sympathy but not company. Now having said that, I guess company is a two way street, so in this case, I must extend empathy and sympathy to my freind who still isnt over his 2 year moving nightmare.........while we listen to the sounds of loons in the morning.

To all my freinds who have been watching with interest I say...Bless You All! Thankyou for the words of encouragement by email, phone, blog, text.

Lord God, Mighty Spirit
Thankyou for making yourself known to us.
Thankyou for friends and people who care about me.
I give you all the honour and glory
for without You, I have nothing and am nothing.
I gratefully accept You in my life.
Better is one day with You than thousands elsewhere.
amen

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY! Finally you and your paintings have a home! Loons... Art... Spirit... Friends... Family... All blessings! Congratulations. I am so happy your ordeal is over!

    P.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!