Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, July 18, 2010

What a beautiful town!

Sue and I took a little drive around town and parked the van so we could wander. We went to the bank and then strolled. We found some great shops within walking distance of the public dock. I gleefully took Sue to Dons Butcher Shop where she met Don. He welcomed us to town. We told him we wanted to shop local and we needed a fridge and stove. He sent us one street over to the Sears outlet store. We found two great appliances at great prices. They are sitting right there on the floor until we phone and they will deliver and put the appliances into place. After that we waked a bit and found ourselves in an old fashioned department store. It was awesome. We bought some flowers for my buddies garden. At noon, we found ourselves eating a pogo and fries. I need to NOT eat many of those, but hey I'm on vacation. After the Pogo we went for alittle walk to the river and met up with my buddy at lookout point. We then went for a quick beer and a pepsi, followed up by a trip to the |Bakery. We went back to Dons Butcher Shop and I bought us something for the BBQ.

Sue remarked how freindly and nice the people have been. We are really excited to take our place in this wonderful community. We looked forward to meeting people and meeting new freinds. We are going to try to speak french as this is a french town. We could certainly live quite handilly in English as there appears to be no predjudice here that we have seen. However, I think it would be good for us and honouring to our community if we could converse a  bit in French. The waitress at our favourite restaurant smailed when I ordered Un Biere Suis vous ples .....good thing I didnt have to write it or spell it! I dont think I need to go that far, but it would help us to read some french.

Today we are doing some gardening and probably going back top town to explore a bit more. My buddy is off ATVing with a freind and we are minding the fort. I must call my mom and tell her whats going on as she is coming to visit on monday and I'm not even sure if we will be able to take possession...its wait and see....I guess.

blessings

2 comments:

Go ahead....Make my day!