Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, March 26, 2011

Love

If I speak in the tongues of men
or of angels,
but do not have love,
I am only a resounding gong
or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy
and can fathom all mysteries
and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains,
but do not have love,
I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor
and give over my body to hardship
that I may boast,
but do not have love,
I gain nothing.

Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud. 
It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.


(1 Corinthians 13)

1 comment:

  1. St. Paul shares the Spirit of Christ with a wisdom that exemplifies his teacher.

    This passage thrills me! Thanks for putting it out there. It puts it all in perspective (nice birdie buddy!)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!