Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, March 26, 2011

Our World - Why Love



Someone said to me, "I cant beleive you listen to this". Interesting. I grew up, sheltered by love, and was never really exposed to the harsh realities. I listen to this music with empathy, as it points to world in need of love and redemption. Many of my friends say that bad music breeds bad thoughts and that I should not support or glamourize. On the other hand, this is reality. This is actually happening. Things things have actually happened. This music merely shines a spotlight on this ugliness. It is easy for me to dis the T, but it was the T that showed me people, caught in struggle. The only answer is love. It sounds like hate. The words and the language and the topics and content smell like hate. Yet, how is it that when I listen to it, my heart yearns for love and peace. The great Ying and Yang, the conflict of good and evil, the trickster rabbit, the 2 sides of the coin, the great mystery. Its not what enters a man that makes him unholy....its what comes out. Welcome to the real world don. Its a place that cries out for justice. Its a place full of pain and misfortune. Like crabs in a bucket, each is pulled down to the lowest common denominator. Do we sing about it? How the heck would I have ever known about it...I have been sheltered by love. Thank you Tupac. My heart goes out to you. Thank you Lord Jesus, for the day you wipe every tear from our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!