Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Articles of Faith

Anishinaabe articles of faith

 
I didnt know what to expect. Before arriving, I prayed that I might no be led astray. My wife and I talked about the importance of respect, but also the inmportance of our own faith. We were trying to figure out where the line would be. Much to our surprise, there was no line. There was no faith confrontation. These articles of faith and worship were no differant than our own. I met the Great Spirit here and the funny things was, it was the same Holy Spirit I already knew. There was no leap of faith as there was none required. There was no confrontation and no condemnation.

We had the honour and priveledge of discussing these articles with an elder. He spoke the same language of Love. These articles all helped me to understand my relationship to God and my brothers and sisters. I held the eagle feathers in my hand and I was granted permission and authority to speak. I spoke of love, respect and responsibility and then passed the feather. We experienced great peace and I respect and honour my cousins articles of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!