Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Canadian Hero's

"Alex Mathias" by Kim Cowan

This is a great shot of Alex Mathias by Kim Cowan. It was likely taken during the Changing of the Season's Ceremony on Lake Obabika. Alex is from Misabi family and this is his ancestoral home. He does not beleive in land ownership, but in land stewardship. His people and this land had a long standing symbiotic relationship. This land served his family well, and Alex serves this land well. I have great respect for Alex. I beleive in respectful order and I consider Alex to be my Elder as well. I am one of many people that Alex has adopted with his kindness, generosity and wisdom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!