Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, April 17, 2011

New Water System


 One of the deficiencies of our house was the water system. The water stank and had a bacteria count. The previous owner left the water test to the last minute. Though he was able to get a safe drinking status, I refused to finish the deal without better assurances. The water had tested bad in a previous sample. As a concession, the vendor agreed to buy me a UV filter, but it would be my responsibility to install. We moved in and began drinking bottled water. Our conscience hurt, so we swapped over to water cooler, and picked up free "Kangen" water in town. Obviously, this was no long term solution.



My son designed and installed a magnificent water system for us. Not only did he install the UV filter, but also several other filters. He replaced the 1/2' pipes with 3/4 inch pipes wherever possible. Our water comes from a shallow well beside the river. The water is filtered to 50 micron and then filtered again to 5 micron. It hits the UV filter and then is filtered with charcoal. This water is beautiful!!! It tastes great!! It is safe to drink!!


Just to put icing on the cake, my son installed an at source filtration system. It employs 1 micron filter and then a ceramic filter. The water that comes from here is the best!
Our hot water tank was furnace oil and located in the garage. It took forever to deliver hot water as this is the furthest to the point of use. The hot water heater was 13 years past prime and not to code. We decided to buy a new electric heater and locate it in the new "pump" room. Dylan and I installed that last night and at 3:30 am we were taking showers. I wonderful byproduct of this installation was hot and cold running water in the garage.

Our new water system will allow us to say goodbye to the water bottle industry. It will allow us to be more self sufficient. My water is now the best water I could ever hope for. It smells like spring rain and tastes like a mountain spring. My water pressure is better than I have ever had before. Yay to the blessings of great water!!!!

When I bought the place, I had paid for an engineers report and I was given a report of deficiencies. Our goal is to knock them all off the list..one by one. When we finish fixing all the deficiencies, I will call in another engineer for another inspection. We have been building a portfolio of our improvements. I bought this place 60K below asking and my goal is to realize that and more when it comes time to sell.

by the way...Evian spelled backwards is naive.....hhhmmm, I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!