Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, June 20, 2011

Emerald Lake Camp


Sue and I woke up on Sunday AM and decided to hike up to high lake. We paddled across Emerald Lake to the portage spot.


We pulled the canoe on shore, and grabbed our paddles and gear and headed out for the one hour hike up to High Lake. The mosquitos were horrendous.


Thankfully, there was a small tin boat stashed on this remote lake.


We paddled around this high elevation lake for several hours


We jumped off the rocks and skinny dipped. The water was beautiful. 


We found these Pitcher Plants in the bog at the top off the lake.


After a great day in the sun, we bundled up all exposed skin and did the hike back to the canoe. The bugs were worse and we did the hike in 45 minutes instead of an hour. We got chewed pretty bad but it was worth it. Next time we will hike to another lake. There are three remote lakes beside Emerald.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!