Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, July 04, 2011

Canada Day Weekend at Emerald Lake - Fishing


This Canada Day weekend, my wife Sue and our buddy Pete went to camp. This is the view from the dock at at Emerald Lake Lodge. I finally brought my boat to camp and we were intent on finally catching a fish.


I dug out my downriggers which havnt been used in 15 years! 


Within 15 minutes we had our first Lake Trout. We were silly with joy!


Every day was better than the last!


This is the largest fish we caught.


Here is Pete and Sue with an afternoon catch


Here is only the 2nd fish that Sue has ever touched!
She has now touched a Walleye and a Lake Trout. 
She is getting braver and braver!


Here is a days catch ready to eat. 


and here are Fillets ready for the pan...


and here they are cooking.....


......and now they are ready to eat. Needless to say, we brought a lot of food home. We were saying that next time, we wont bring food. I remarked that that would be one way to insure that we dont catch anything!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!