Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Current Fire Situation in Ontario

Here is a snapshot of current Ontario forest fires taken from

Here is a blow up of Northwest Ontario
The fire crews have been busy.
Rain is a double edged sword, as lightning is a major cause of forest fires.

Check out the link to the government web site http://forest.lrc.gov.on.ca/AFFM/fire/interactivemap/firemap_English.htm
It is interactive. Each fire is assigned a number and geographical area. You can see how big the fire is, when it started and the probable cause. Quite a fascinating network of information. Some fires are left to burn, while others are contained or put out. Crews work around the clock in teams. My hats off to the dedicated fire fighters.



1 comment:

  1. What"s even more incredible is if you select to include "out fires" on the map. There are more "out fires" than the rest combined....

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!