Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, July 18, 2011

Garden Art


We returned home from camp to find a potato bush beginning to dry up. For the heck of it we harvested. We had been told to expect low yield because we just used standard potato, rather than seed potato. We allowed our potato bushes to fully mature and did not cut off the flowers or the "seed". This may also be a cause of low yield. We thought we might experiment a bit. We will eat the three red potatoes tonight with our


.......Fresh pulled Beets. 
Sue did some thinning  and got us a nice feed of beets. Truthfully, and hopefully, until now, I have hated beets. Tonight I will enjoy or learn to enjoy the beet. Sue downloaded a nice looking recipe that also utilizes the greens. My bet is that I will like it, because for the first time in the history of Don, I will try it with an open mind. I am grateful for the food in that garden......what time is it?..it must be near supper time!


4 comments:

  1. Thats it!!!!! My new favourite....dang thats good...beets eh...whoduthink

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh i had such a craparse day my friken car is dead and i look on your blog for cheer up and all i see is FUCKING POTATOES!!!!! haha...
    you slay me sometimes

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brenda...If you could have only tasted it! It would have taken all your sorrows away. MMMmm Nice fresh beets...so flippin dilish except my crap was red this morning...my first thought was "call the hospital"......cant wait for the corn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...

    Are you growing any asparagus?? I would kill for that stuff i love it, better than... drugs and rock n roll ^.-

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!