Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Love That Surpasses Knowledge

Ephesians 3:14-21
A Prayer for the Ephesians

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

quick note to self............
Every family in heaven and on earth derives its name from the father (God)
Spirit of God provides power to the inner being
Christ dwells in our hearts
We need to be rooted and established in love
this Love surpasses knowledge

I have read a lot of scripture over the years and have heard countless sermons and lessons attempting to relate that scripture to my life. I try to read scripture first for the sake of reading and allowing the scripture to speak. I read it again trying to understand the heart of what is being said....the intent of the scripture. I ponder on how this relates to me and how I can use this information in my journey for the Lord. I keep a mental list of bold and underlined thoughts.....notes to self. I have found that not only does the list grow, but sometimes it appears to conflict. I have learned not to fear the conflict, for I know that in the will of God, there is no conflict.

I created a personal theology based on what I have read and what I have been told and or taught. This theology has been shifting and changing over the years, as my "note to self" list has been growing. I use the term progressive revelation. I am not ashamed in any way for my understanding, as it is a response to my desire to be in the will of God.

I have found that the more that things matter...the less they matter. The more I know...the less I know. The stronger I think I am...the weaker I actually become. The words I shout out loud are wrong and the ones I whisper are more often right.

I have often wondered how it is that we can all read the same thing and derive a differant understanding. I have often wondered how we can create hatred out of our differing understandings. We draw a line and proceed to divide the people between right and wrong.

Since love surpasses knowledge, I pledge here and now to always love first. If I am wrong and am sentenced to an eternity without God, then at least I have followed what I beleive to be Gods will for me..here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!