Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall Trip to Emerald


Road to Camp
This is "HWY" 805. Camp is about 40KM north. Last town was River Valley and that is the postal address for these parts. No electricity..no cell service, but there are a lot of great radio stations!


Red and White Pine 
This Red and White Pine appear to grow from the same trunk. Alex pointed them out to me. I stopped the truck, took a picture and looked closer. These 2 trees merge as one, although clearly they began as seperate seedlings. The Red Pine is flourishing and the White Pine is beginning to die. The woodpeckers have been having a feast in her bark.


Mist on Manitou 
The time was 10:45am and the mist was still rising from Lake Manitou

Mist on Emerald
11:00am at Emerald and the mist was beginning to break. 
The sun did come out and it was a glorious day!


Camp
This is my school bus and newly acquired shed. I got a call that the shed and platform were to be disposed of,  so I raced to camp to spec it out. The shed is a bit rough and needs a few repairs, but the platform was good. We managed to put it in place and I spent the day building the crib and foundation. I do plan on building a bunkie for Sue and I on that foundation. We will have a double bed and a woodstove. 


Munchies for the journey fresh from the garden
One of the neighbors gave me a hand and gave me a couple of railroad ties. When I picked the wood up he said it would cost me. I said how much and he said "just a thankyou" so I said Merci! and later he came to admire my work and give me crap for not calling him for more help when I needed it. I gave him the rest of my carrots and he was thrilled. Fresh Veggies in the bush are a welcome thing.


All People are Equal, Individual and Worthy of Love and Respect
I brought my guitar and this humble birch bark statement as a gift to Dene. I sang a couple songs with her friend and she was excited to frame this painting and put it in one of the lodges.





1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures bro! Thanks for the exhibition, love to find.

    Sample Analysis

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!