Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Single Mom - Jimi Oskineegish

"
"Single Mom" Copyright Jim Oskineegish
Original Acrylic on Canvas
30" W X 24" H

I wrote about this particular artwork almost 2 years ago.   http://keepupwithdon.blogspot.com/2009/11/single-mom-jim-oskineegish.html 

I wanted it then and I want it now. I still love this piece. I would drop by the Greenery Florist website every few months to see if it was still there. I always felt like there was a miniature drum roll going off in my head as I searched the site for the painting. Every time I saw it was still there, I would tell myself...you wont be so lucky next time! So now its been almost 2 years and truly I felt that if I was ever going to have this piece in my collection, I would have to act. I decided to start the process right away. The owner of Greenery was kind enough to help me with a plan and within a few months, this painting will be on my wall. I am very excited as this is an important part of my collection. I have great respect and admiration for Jim and I really dig his art. I have a perfect place in my office for this piece.

Here is a picture of "Single Mom" at an art show in Vancouver.

Art is so cool and I love each and every painting/print I own and have purchased these pieces, not for their monetary value, but for how they make me feel and how they fit into this grand journey. While in my mind I know this all has value, I despair the thought of realizing that value and then parting with my collection. 

Some day, I am going to rent the Art Gallery of Sturgeon Falls and share all my paintings with my community. I feel like a king and blessed beyond measure.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!