Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, January 12, 2012

Psalm61 - Oh God, Thou Art My God

Oh God, Thou art my God music and composition copyright don wright
words by King David

These words were written approximately 1000 BC and are attributed to King David. The music was composed around the year 2000, which makes this collaboration 3000 years delayed. haha, you have heard it said that I fancied myself a praise musician in King Davids courts of praise. David and I go way back. 

oh God, thou art my God and I seek thee
my soul thirsts for thee 
and my flesh faint for thee.
As in a dry and weary land, where no water is
so shall I look,
upon Thee
in the sanctuary.
Beholding Thy power 
and glory
because Thy steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise Thee
and I will bless Thee
and as long as I live
I'll lift up my hands
and call upon
Thy Holy Name
oh God, thou art my God and I seek thee
my soul thirsts for Thee 
and my flesh faints for thee
my flesh faints
for Thee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!