Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Truck Motel


Thank you friends and loved ones. I caused quite a stir. I was driving a friend home last night and we got stuck on a remote road. My family was expecting me to return by midnight and we had no way to communicate. The storm picked up considerably so my buddy Alex and I had to sleep in my truck. In the morning, he set out walking to find help and ended up walking about 8km. In the meantime, I stayed with the truck and met up with someone who pulled me out of the ditch. Sue and my buddy Pete headed out this morning to find us, and Deb filed a missing persons. My buddy Alex walked and got help, the police came and ditched their 4x4. We headed out and couldnt make a hill and had to hang for a while. I was expecting to spend yet another night in the truck. In the meantime, the police had dispatched a tow truck for their woes. The tow truck created enough of a track, and we were all able to leave at the same time, in convoy. We just got in the door and I have so many apologies to make. I also really appreciate how concerned people were for my well being. For the first time in my life, I was reported as missing. While I am not allowed to make a habit of this, I am now reflecting on all the positives...and did I say, glad to be home.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to find your way home, safe and sound. Missing is a unique experience I'm sure, but you are never lost with the great one watching over you. That's what we hope for Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were only afraid for those who did not know. As for us, it was just a little inconvenient. I learned more about things like patience. faith and trust.

    I think about Daniel often and now that I am on the missing persons alert, I am astounded at how many of us are missing in action.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!