Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Thunder Box


Checking the THUNDER BOX.
There are many thunderboxes scattered throughout canoe country.
This thunderbox is at a remote campsite on an island.


It sure helps to keep the sites clean and smell free.
Alex figures this one will have to be moved again.

The first time I saw a thunder box, I was on a solo trip. I had been holding it but decided it was time. I took a little walk from base camp and stumbled on one of these. I wasnt entirely sure what it was, but as I got closer instinct took over. It was a beautiful thing.

There are many volunteers who help keep remote trails open  and free of debris. There are many people who care about this beautiful and pristine land. There are many people who rely on this land for their mental and physical well being.....I am one.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!