Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, October 02, 2012

and we weep


A friend of Temagami came up to me and asked " Do you mind if i asked you a personal question?
Do the sisters make you cry?"
I answered yes they do....every time. 
He said "oh good....me too. I was beginning to think I was strange or something. 
I dont know what it is but they make me cry"
....So there you have it..... 
Two grown men humbled by some trees
........and you?


I made these line art drawings on birch bark and left them with gifts that people had collected from the forest floor or personal belongings. These are humble tributes in honor of the spirit of the old growth forest. 


I make an annual pilgrimage to this place, as do many people. We sit and bask in the glory of these trees and we bring our prayers, and offer them to the creator. We feel the presence of the spirit and we weep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!