Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Birthday 2 Me

"reaching for the butterfly" copyright don wright 2012

Its my birthday. I am 51 years old. I feel like I am 21 except for all the aches and pains. I am trying to grow old with grace and I am trying to stay young at heart. I am trying to accept the things I can not change and make a difference in places where I can.

If I was to die today, I would consider myself happy and blessed. I have no regrets for the past and I boldly look forward to the future. In many ways I feel like I am walking the path that was laid out before me. I dont consider this mundain, rather I find this magnificently fascinating and rewarding. To live life to its fullest, giving thanks and being grateful at all times is the recipe I try to follow.

I am not ashamed to know Jesus. The day I met Jesus, was the day I began to live. You and I may have different ideas about who Jesus is, and thats OK. We can still love each other unconditionally and stand together until the end. We can still treat each other with love, kindness and respect.

I love myself.
I am great. 
I am the center of my universe.
When I walk, the land comes to me.
I was made in the image of God.
Spirit resides in me.
I am so powerful, 
I can give it all away.
I surrender it all to the source from which it came,
that I might simply be.
Such bold talk 
for a humble man.
but
It is what it is
and
I am
who
I am.
because of I AM

"birch bark blessings" copyright don wright 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!