Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, October 04, 2012

Obabika-Mitzvah


My god son expressed an interest in canoeing and he loves the outdoors. His mom was quite interested in seeing what was left of the Old Growth Forest. We decided to plan a trip. I call it the Obabika-Mitzvah. He is 13 years old and he portaged that canoe all the way to CheeSkon. Here is a picture in front of Spirit Rock. This was a thrilling moment.


We stopped in to visit the sisters and basked in their glory.


My godson got to play chief, while our host got to be a teenager again.

I know that this experience will be etched on his mind. As he grows up, he will understand first hand, the beauty and importance of our Old Growth Forests and I hope he can articulate his experience with his friends. Alex takes great pride and pleasure in giving kids something to remember. As I walked by Alex's cabin I could see the two of them sitting at the picnic table, engaged in conversation. Alex has a way with kids. He makes them talk and relate and fills them with self confidence and wonderment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!