Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ride On Bob!!!!! - So Close!!!!


Here is a note from my aquaintance Bob O over at neverfeltbetter.blogspot.com. He is in the last leg of fund raising and he is getting so close! I just thought if any of you didnt get a chance to donate $20.00 or so, now would be a great time! Thankyou for being a ray of hope and faith Bob!!! Oh and thanks for carrying my Dad's name with you.... 31 names in your pocket???? Cancer has a really nasty legacy so.....Ride On!!!!!


Hello all!

This weekend I'll be participating in the Ride to Conquer Cancer, a 200 km journey benefitting the Princess Margaret Hospital, one of the top five cancer research hospitals in the world. Three thousand cyclists will pedal from Toronto to Niagara Falls, raising over $15 million for cancer research and care.
Fundraising has been fantastic in the last week, with $1420 coming in! Thanks to all who have helped get me this far. But I still have $1175 to go to reach my goal of $7500. Honestly, a few months back I didn't think we would reach that goal. Now, with your help, I know we'll pass it! That's 47 $25 donations or 12 $100 donations. Click here to go to my secure fundraising webpage:
http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/neverfeltbetter and make an online donation. Online donation deadline is THIS FRIDAY! If you've been meaning to do it, now really is the time. (Mail-in and online donations after June 12 will still be accepted, they just won't be credited to my account in time for the Ride.)
Why not ask your friends and family to donate as well? My friend Bronwen did just that. She wrote a short email to a few people and told them about our friendship and my journey through cancer. Suddenly I was receiving donations from people I didn't even know. What a surprise! Thanks Bronwen! (I have copied Bronwen's email below, if you're interested.)
Some friends have asked for a "vegan" fundraising option. This is because money donated for research purposes may incorporate animal trials. I absolutely respect this. Anyone interested in making a vegan donation, please let me know.
It's been a long week in the saddle for me, with 286 km in the last 8 days. My total since February is 743 km. All this hard work, the training, the fundraising, all will pay off this weekend.
I'll also be writing names on my hand in honour of those fighting cancer and in memory of those who lost the battle. Whether you give me a donation or not, if you would like me to write someone's name on my hand, please let me know. I already have 31 names.
If anyone will be in the Golden Horseshoe this weekend, I'd love to see you at a cheering station or the finish line. Contact me for more info!
Ride on!
Bob
PS Last year my sister Lisa and friend Jodie raised $6922.41. Our combined two year total is over $13,000 and climbing!
Bronwen's letter
Hello to friends and family in my address book!

My friend Bob fought a battle with non-Hodgkins lymphoma last year, and has come out clear on the other side (occasional testing still required). He is a North Bay firefighter, and a very very healthy, fit, active, dynamic individual. I'm sending this email to you to ask you to donate to his Ride to Conquer Cancer. It is a 200 km bike ride that last year raised 15 MILLION dollars for cancer reasearch. His goal is to fundraise $7500. He is just over $5000 and his ride is next week. I donated online yesterday (link is below), just a modest amount. Everything counts. If you think you can manage something, please help. It is such a worthwhile cause. We all know people who have been touched by this disease. Because of cancer research, Bob will be around to be a father to his little boy, Matty, who is less than a year old. Follow the link below and read his story for a dose of inspiration (he kept up firefighting and vigorous workouts while undergoing chemo!).

Bob is a friend from treeplanting days. He connected me with the folks at Smoothwater in Temagami, who I worked for for a few years.

In peace and health,
Bronwen

(PS It is a tax-deductible donation, they email you a tax receipt.)
__________________________________________
Almost 1 in 2 Canadians will get cancer in their lifetime
1 in 4 will die from it
Click below to support my Ride to Conquer Cancer
http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/neverfeltbetter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!