Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, April 20, 2012

Journey With a Pen

"Thunderbird Takes Flight" Copyright don wright 2012

I sat up and drew last night. I am inspired to write a book and am embarking on a magnificent journey with my pen. A number of years ago, I had a vision to write this book. The vision has never faded and time and again re-affirmed itself. I titled this art "Thunderbird Takes Flight" because I begin my book in an official capacity this weekend. I am very excited because I believe this is a book that needs to be written.

"Wing and Prayer" Copyright don wright 2012

There comes a time when the thoughts must become action. The old saying goes..."I'm off on a wing and a prayer". These are two essential ingredients. There comes a time when one must take flight. One must also recognize that a prayerful journey is a good journey. I have secretly struggled with my thoughts of inadequacy, and have envisioned the pitfalls and all the reasons why not to embark on this journey. Yet, at the end of the day, these negative thoughts  merely serve as inspiration.

Lord God
magnificent Creator
I offer my pen and words to your glory
I pray Lord that I might speak the whole truth
and nothing but the truth
I pray Lord that the labor of our hearts will combine
as a lasting testament for generations.
You taught me to fly Lord
and I feel your presence,
in the shadow of Your wing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!