Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, September 22, 2005

First Night of Class

Well, after much excitement and anticipation, class has begun. I am so grateful for this opportunity. I'm taking this course with my long time friend Tara. I hope she enjoyed the first night as much as I did.
Prof Boda told us "Seminary is a place where we can take all that we have learned about God and pitch it out on the front lawn. There we can look at each item and decide what returns and what gets left out for trash day" I never really thought about that before. It sounds kinda like a christian reality TV episode. I guess I have accumulated a lot of so called knowledge. I look forward to building up that which is correct and discarding that which is not.
We didnt discuss this in class, but it struck me that first I need to regard the Old Testament as the Older Testament and the New Testament as the Newer Testament. Both Testaments are relevent. Old Testament implies that it was replaced by the New Testament. This is not the case. The Older Testament is completely reliable and will surely bring us to know and love our God in depths greater than we might have imagined. The Older Testament is so intwinned with the Newer Testament that removal of one would degrade the other.
Well its 11:50 and I need to go to bed. 6:00 comes early. I look forward to tommorrow.
Dear God, thankYou for Your complete word. Lord help me to understand and analyse what I have learned over the years. Lord help me to measure this against Your Word, that I might gain wisdom and truth. Lord, when I look at the task at hand, it scares me. I know and trust Lord, that if I open my mind and will to You, that You will respond with the same grace and faithfulness that has sustained generations of people. I thank You that You are not far off, but here, now, and even in this place that frightens me so.
dw

1 comment:

  1. glad you are enjoying your class so far. From the little bit I've heard the Boda brothers speak and what I have heard about him, I think you have a great prof there. It's that relationship of intimacy,with a terrifyingly righteous God that makes this thing called "Christianity" so amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!