Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hey Where did they go?

So a couple of weeks ago I wrote how I loved my church.
I noted that if you didnt love your church, you should find a new one.
Well I was looking around last week and noticed that some familiar faces were absent.
While I was busy gloating about how great my church was, there were some who dont agree.
I called one person up today to find out how they are doing and found that they are worshipping elsewhere. I dont really want to know why, but my heart breaks none the less.
I have to beleive that for whatever reason, they just fell out of love with their church.
I wish there was something I could do, or something I could say that would change things.
I naturally wonder if I had offended them. I naturally wonder if there is something I could do or say. I feel like I have just been spanked. My feelings are hurt. Aside from my own feelings,
I wonder about the agony they went through trying to make this decision, or realizing that this church is no longer compatable with their needs or desires. I want to pray for them.

Dear God. I am sorry. I am sorry that these fine people no longer want to worship with us. Dear God I pray that You will bless and keep them. I pray Lord that You may continue to be a source of strength for them. I pray Lord that You will continue to direct and guide their paths to a growing relationship with You. Lord I pray that You will lead them to a fellowship that will accept them and challenge them to greater understanding of You.
Lord I am sorry for my pride and my ambition, when it makes me take my eyes off of You.
Lord this is Your church, not mine. I am grateful that You called me to this place. Lord I am reminded of Your utmost sovereignty. Lord I surrender my pride to You and I ask Lord that You forgive me. Lord I am still very much in love with this church, but only because it is there that I feel closest to You. Lord I pray that You would continue to bless us with a growing congregation. Lord I pray that You cause our leadership to not stray to the left or to the right.
Lord, we are so blessed to know You. We are so blessed that You care for us. We are so blessed that You forgive us when we fail. Lord, You are a mighty sheppard and I pray that You will continue to sheppard us, wherever we chose to worship.

In Jesus name I pray.
dw

1 comment:

  1. Don, thanks for your prayers of searching and understanding. What a testimony of love and committment. I too am grieved when folks leave without giving us a church the chance to even bless them and say THANK YOU for all the time, love, joy, tears, prayers and work they have shared with us. If folks want to go elsewhere, God bless them, i just wish we had the opportunity to appreciate them for the time they have spent with us. Sigh

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!