Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, October 15, 2005

My Next Course Winter 2006

We're almost halfway done Old Testament Foundations.
In fact I'm taking a little breaK from a project I'm
working on. Its really cool! Its a timeline of early
Jewish Biblical History.
2100BC-70AD is the range I chose.
From the call of Abraham
to the Final Destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem.

My freind Tara emailled me the new courses available
for the next 2 semesters at CTS.

Tara is probably taking the PERSONAL FORMATION class.
We both know the prof for that course
Peter Ralph is Awesome!

As much as I'd love to take that class,this preaching
and teaching course has me charged. My current OT prof
is teaching this class. I really like him and trust him to
guide me well.
This is the course I'm planning on taking next.

Looks like Tara and I will be back to the same class next semester.
The course is Alliance History and Thought.
I'm not that fussy on indoctrination stuff,
but this is a mandatory prerequisite for ordination or work
within the Christian Missionary Alliance Church.

INTERPRETING SCRIPTURE for PREACHING AND TEACHING
(PR501-E, 3 credits)

This course trains students in the methods of exegesis of
the various genres of the Bible for purposes of preaching
and teaching. Students will develop and test their skills in
the preparation of portions of scripture for these purposes.

Dates: Weekend #1: Feb 9-11 and Weekend #2: Mar 16-18
(Thu 7-10pm, Fri 7-10pm, Sat 9am-4pm).

Professor: Mark Boda (PhD)
Professor of Old Testament at McMaster Divinity College.
MDiv (Westminster Theological Seminary);
PhD (University of Cambridge).

Mark has authored or edited four books and over 30 articles
on the Old Testament and Semitic Languages.
He has recently completed a commentary on Haggai-Zechariah.
Has enjoyed teaching for CTS for the past decade;
having served two churches (in Toronto & Philadelphia)
he brings to his teaching a pastor’s heart.

Registration Deadline: Jan 19, 2006

dw

2 comments:

  1. Glad to read that things are going so well. We have to have lunch and chat and pray about all this and not just post things on each other's blogs. Can you also email me Ron's phone number, again. I keep losing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't be too harsh on AHT until you take it...a lot of people call it Alliance Misery and Rot, but personally it was one of my favorite class I have taken, and it was one of the most useful personally as well. Probably depends a lot on who teaches it though! Glad you are loving your course right now!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!