Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, April 01, 2006

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!



WOW..........What a great night! We had baptisms tonight at church. It was so so great. There were a ton of people...the place was packed. Smiling, Joyous faces. Love and Fellowship. Grace and Peace. Its times like this that one really has to be thankful.

Tonight my daughter Debbie got dunked with two other teens. I am so proud and thankful for these kids. They are superstars. They each have a wonderful passion and such fearless faith. With kids like this, the sky is the limit! We need to be so proud of our children! They all brighten any room they enter. The love of Jesus pours from their very being. This love and joy does not go un noticed as they interact in this world.

They spoke of lost friendships, and new found friendships, as they each began to give their hearts to God. The congregation was very supportive as various scripture verses were read. For those who have not been to an EVAC baptism, one of our traditions is to read scripture that God has put on our hearts to encourage, uplift and celebrate this wonderful occassion.

It was a joy to play in the Baptism worship band this evening. It is so cool to play with musicians that really feel the music and praise. We made a joyful noise unto the Lord this evening. Singing, clapping, and praising. Loud, Joyous, high energy praise. I love it!

Our intern Richard spoke very well about the significance of baptism. Our youth intern Kellen got to baptize two of our kids. He has been such a blessing to our congregation. I know God is walking with this young man! He has had a very positive impact on our kids, both within our congregation and in our community.

After the last two baptisms using very very cold water, preperations were made well in advance to heat the water. So much so, I'm told it was like a hot tub! They were sweating big time! hahahaha that is so funny. We go from ice cold glacial water, to volcano hot water.

I want to thank each and every person who attended this evening. I am so grateful to have been led to this fellowship. It has meant the world to me and my family. It has especially meant a lot to my daughter Debbie, who, with the support and encouragement of each and every person, has grown to be a bold and faithful servant of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

All Praise and Glory and Honour to Him!!!!!!!!!
With a thankful and overjoyed heart I wish you all a good evening.......oh ya, and dont forget to turn the clocks forward this evening and I'll see you at the house of worship tomorrow,
Blessings
dw

2 comments:

  1. Awesome picture!! Way to go DEBBIE. I am so proud of you for taking this step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is awesome Don! We love her and are so blessed to be part of building faith into her life. I look with great excitment to see what God will do in Debbie's life! She is a leader and a learner...these two assets will be used to bless many in the years to come! And she's so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!