Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, April 18, 2006

View From My Mailbox



I live in the country. My address is a Rural Route Number. The mail arrives at the General Store in a place called Marsville. It is sorted and taken by our mail lady and delivered to our mailbox. When we have mail, the flag is up. When we dont, the flag is down. If we wish to mail a letter, we put it in the mailbox and put the flag up. It is so cool.
1 If I do not have a stamp, I merely tape money to my letter. My gracious mail lady looks after it for me.
2 I have received letters from International destinations with only my name and the town I live close to. The letter ended up in the town. Even though my name was spelled wrong, my mail lady said...Hey I know him and my mail arrived safe and sound.

These are but two joys I have concerning the postal system. Its too bad in a way that I do everything via computer these days. These are definately two things I will miss and cherish.

Where do you get your mail...post office, delivered to door, mailbox, curb box?

5 comments:

  1. I too used to live in the country and had my mail delivered straight to the mail box. It was great.

    Now I live in Erin and I get my mail from the bank of post boxes that have been designated for my street. It's still pretty convenient. I go to the post office (which is about a 10 minute walk from my house) when I need to buy stamps or send packages.

    I love getting letters. I think that sending cards and letters is becoming a lost art. I try and send a card to a friend as least once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For fun send a letter to

    don right
    orton

    lets see if it gets there. I'll pay the postage...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I receive mail in a group box..it's like tenament housing for your mail. Depending on who the carrier might be that week mail can get mixed up and if one is waiting for a cheque it's not a ton of fun, but is a way to meet new neighbours which is always cool!
    When I was a kid growing up in Etobicoke we had a way cool postman who used to draw a picture of himself on the envelopes sometimes to make us laugh. He was actually quite good.
    Getting letters is great!! way better than email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!