Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, April 09, 2007

Magnificent Journey

Sue and I took a little drive on the south shore of Lake Erie. We had a Lake Erie Perch dinner at Port Stanley. We then hugged the lakeshore and drove from Port Stanley to Niagara Falls. What a great drive. We were amazed at the beauty. We walked the cold and frozen beaches at Long POint and Crystal Beach. It was very cold, but beautiful all the same. As we pulled through Niagara Falls, I suggested we should spend the night. Sue is way to practical and suggested we should drive home and sleep in our own bed. I asked her to stay with the car because I just wanted to "check the view" from the Marriott. Well I was a sucker for romance and I got the most magnificent room. We had a king size bed, Jacuzzi and fireplace. It was stunning. Here is a pic of Sue overlooking the Falls. We went out for dinner and ate at the Keg on the 9th floor. Again the view was spectacular! It was like a dream come true. I got to strike off two items from the "things I want to do before I die" list. One: Lake Erie Perch Dinner and Two: Falls view romantic getaway. We even got up at 6:30 am so we could watch the sun rise above the falls.
I learned a few things too!
1. Lake Erie Perch is not as good as Lake Simcoe Perch
2. The sand blows and drifts just like snow
3. There are miles of windmills along the Erie shore
4. It only takes two Martinis to get this lightweight drunk
5. I want to buy the bed from the Marriott. I couldnt find the manufacturer name but I want one! Its time to give up on my waterbed
6. I have the most amazing wife
7. I dont deserve all these things

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!