Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another Death

This morning Sue and I heard a loud bang at around 7am. She said..Is that an accident. I told her it sounded like a dump truck to me. Within 5 minutes, the police cars were whizzing by my house. Within 15 minutes the ambulances were on site. Within 45 minutes the township was on site to close the road. I went to the corner as it is on my way to work and there it was. 2 transport trucks had collided and it was a mess! I was redirected. The Air ambulance arrived and took one survivor to the hospital. One person was put on a stretcher in the ambulance. It looked to me like it was covered up. I am told at least one person died.

My wife told me that next time we hear a bang like that, we need to run to the corner. Forgive me. I've done that now several times. I can only stand seeing so many dead people. I can now count at least 5 deaths at our corner. I feel like a bad civilian to hesitate to help. My rational is that there are 2 house closer to the scene than me. My conscience kind of hurts to think that I wouldnt run out to help. Its just that I DONT WANT TO. It took me almost a year to get over the last death. It sounds selfish of me and it hurts because I pride myself in being a good neighbour.

SO....... I guess I am just going to have to pray that if another accident happens, that I will be up north getting bitten by blackflies....because if I hear the bang again, I will look sadly at my wife...and get my clothes on, and head to the corner to help.....darn

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you lived so close to Doris.
    I cannot imagine what she goes through when she hears that bang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading this CNN article on the Travelling Wilburys and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure you'll appreciate it more than most. I particularly love the last line...

    http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/11/music.wilburys.reut/index.html

    With 2 of the 5 members now "resting with their fathers", I look forward as I'm sure the rest of the band and the world do of their reunion tour.

    Funny side note...notice the picture on the CNN web site of the 5 band members. Hebrew is read right to left. I'll bet Tom Petty's a bit worried.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!