Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A year ago we lost not only a great woman, but a true matriarch. I came to love and respect my motherinlaw like she was my own mom. My life was greatly enriched by knowing her. I see her in my wife, my daughter and all the cousins. I hope and pray that we will all carry a piece of her for years and generations to come.

When we lost her, the world became a different place for me. A place less secure. I felt like suddenly an unseen security blanket was yanked. I cried daily for months. I lost my music and my will to sing. I grieved then and I continue to grieve today. Yet today I have peace. I feel warmth and love.

I smile when I think of her,
even though now,
I hold back my tears.
When I hold my hands out to God,
he fills them,
and calms my fears.
He fills me with His love and grace,
in a strange way,
takes the place
of the emptiness I feel.
Not that he could ever take the place of her memory,
but that he took my place on Calvary;
and in so doing
gave me life worth living.



Blessings to you..

1 comment:

  1. Hi Don, I know how you feel, that beautiful woman was my mom. Thanks for putting into words what so many of us feel but find it hard to express. I love you man!!! and may God bless you.

    Gord.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!