Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Art Collection - Part 14


"loon family" © copyright Frank Polson
-
This is my one and only original paint on canvas piece. It was painted by Ojibway artist Frank Polson. It is called Loon Family. I bought it at the smoke shop at Jocko Point. I really wanted it but I couldnt afford it. Or should I say, it was the only one without a price tag, and I couldnt afford the others. I asked how much, the lady called Frank, Frank said take what I offer, and I emptied my pocket.
There is more to this piece than a first glance reveals. I like the interconnectedness and the strong sense of maternal protection. The picture doesnt really do justice. Its a little brighter than it appears and the clouds reflect the light. The depths of the water are more Emerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!