Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, May 22, 2009

Back to the Medicine Wheel


I havnt really finished exploring the medicine wheel and I got sidetracked by learning about Sikhism which by the way I'm not finished with either. And I'm still reading this really interesting book called "Judahs Scepter and Josephs Birthright: An Analysis of the Prophecies of Scripture in Regard to the Royal Family of Judah and the Many Nations of Israel" .... I get a kick out of that book title. I have to reread many times and because I'm slow I end up reading entire chapters twice and three times and I'v finally made it half way. Jeepers. I need to just buckle down and finish it. I have so many unfinished projects. But anyways, all that will have to wait because right now I'm back on the wheel.

The Medicine wheel is fascinating. The medicine wheel is so deep. It has so many teachings. I sure would love to have an Ojibway elder teach me more. I beleive the medicine wheel is a lot like my bible. It is a pictoral representation of many divine spiritual truths. This one simple wheel can be used to illustrate so many wisdom stories. A true story teller could point to the wheel and begin to teach endlessly. It is a circle that goes around and around revealing pregressive revelations.

I have read much on the net, but it just doesnt cut it. I need to find myself a real live native elder who would take some time with me. Or perhaps there is a venue where I could sit in with other students. I sure would love that. I wonder if there will be a shaman or teaching elder at the changes of the seasons ceremony this year? It would be cool if Larry McLeod was there again. I have so much more background knowledge now, I think I could really absorb more this time.

peace

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the facts. i used your facts for a school project Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!