Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Exploring the Rainbow - Genesis


12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come:

13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds,

15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.

16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
.........

This is what the Holy Bible says about the rainbow. This part of the passage is from Genesis and the rainbow happened after the great flood.
-
Amazingly, many many cultures have stories of the great flood.
I grew up understanding Noah and the Ark and my Anishinaabe brothers and sister grew up with the Creation of Turtle Island story. There indeed was a great flood and it is said to have been a mighty purging of evil. Yet through such destruction came life and God made a promise to us, or rather, made a covenant with all creation forever.
-
The promise is signified by the rainbow. The rainbow is a sign. The rainbow is a great symbol of peace. It is a great symbol of hope. It is a great symbol of Gods love for me, you and "ALL LIVING CREATURES OF EVERY KIND ON EARTH"
-
The rainbow is not exclusive to a particular time for it is for all generations to come. It is not exclusive to a particular people group for it is for all living creatures.
-
So much to be said about RAINBOW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!