Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, June 04, 2009

Knowledge of the Great Ojibway Peoples

-
Here is a comment from the Woodland Interpretation post I did this morning. When I said " I seek knowledge of the great Ojibway peoples. If you can help me learn, I invite your comments and request your input." This is what I meant!

-

"I like the pictures of you hugging the Ancient Ones... Perhaps you are not aware but the People used to do this to measure a birchbark tree to determine if it was old enough to provide enough birchbark to create a birchbark canoe. Just barely being able to reach around is the Creator's way of telling us that the birchbark tree is old enough to help us."

-

Wisdom is art. Folk wisdom is divine. The creators wisdom is made manifest in His creation. Knowledge and appreciation of these things is good medicine.

1 comment:

  1. I hug them to tell them I love them and thank them for everything they give us. Oxygen.shade, homes for birds and woodland creatures ...and I feel the love right back

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!