Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, June 22, 2009

Note To Self - Dont Make Plans = Better Ones Await!

So all the plans I envisioned for this weekend got tossed aside and replaced with other fabulous adventures. Man I love this country....especially West Temagami...what a paradise!
Here is what I saw.............

1. Lady's Slipper wild orchids.


Copyright Donald Hyatt
.
I didnt have my camera with me so I went searching on the net for the best representation of the lady's slippers I saw. I found this painting by Donald Hyatt on his website and art gallery. It was simply THE BEST representation of the plant. There is something about a hand drawn reproduction that can capture the essence better than a photograph. Everything else, all the distractions, are taken away and one is left to admire only the beauty of the plant.
.
According to Wikipedia....Lady's slipper orchids, lady slipper orchids or slipper orchids are the orchids in the subfamily Cypripedioidea, which includes the genera Cypripedium, Mexipedium, Paphiopedilum, Phragmipedium and Selenipedium. They are characterised by the slipper-shaped pouches (modified labellums) of the flowers – the pouch traps insects so they are forced to climb up past the staminode, behind which they collect or deposit pollinia, thus fertilising the flower.

2. Big Bear Paw Print in the Mud.
.
.
Most of the Bears we have seen have been young ones and rather small. However, after seeing the size of the foot prints in the mud, I have a little more respect. Typically I have found that the bear just wants to run. He runs in one direction and I run in the other direction is how I like it best.
.
3. Secret Honey Hole for Speckled Trout.

.
I finally did it. I cracked a major fishing nut. I grew up on a trout stream. I cut my teeth fishing speckled trout. I would typically catch speckies in great abundance, yet they were small. I have heard of places where the Speckies grow considerably larger and where one can still catch in great abundance. I got in the habit of fly fishing because catch and release is much easier with less harm done to the fish. Well I found a sweet sweet spot.
.
I am not going to tell a soul where it is BUT, I would gladly take any one of you there when you come to visit. I can tell you its about a 1.5 hour drive by ATV from my camp. It is really close to "the place whos name dare not be spoken". By the way, I went there too. Breath takingly beautiful. I can see why some would want to keep it a secret...just like me and my secret honey hole!
.
I brought 2 smaller (14" and 16") and carelessly lost about a four pounder when it came to land it. Just as well. It didnt hurt to see it go. Its nice and open to swing a fly there, so next time I return its going to be bedlam!!! We are planning to camp there so we can catch evening and morning feed runs. Having said that, I caught Three beauties in the hight of day in late June...go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!