Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Art T's and Bucket List


I wanted to buy another native art painting or print but I am really strapped for cash. I had just spent a few days in the bush and frankly my remaining shirt was both stinky and dirty SO....I purchased this Art T at the Nippissing Reserve. It is a Richard Bedwash T. I love this shirt because I can display my love for Woodland art to everyone.

I also had decided to grow my hair to my ass and put it in a pony tail. Its something I always wanted to do, but never did because of my fear of looking "Hippi". I decided tough..I'm gonna do it. WELL..the reality sunk in. I started to look like a nutty professor and frankly, didnt like long hair. It was a drag. SO...I removed that from my bucket list and promptly got a number three buzz cut.

smiles
dw

7 comments:

  1. The best print in town is the one you wear around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don,

    The t is a print of Richard Bedwash. Little known fact: Richard got a big help from none other than Selwyn Dewdney who helped launch Norval's career. Richard wrote Selwyn while he was in prison and Selwyn did his best to help out with references and such.

    Glad you liked my art.

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case I wasn't clear : Richard was in jail - not Selwyn ;)

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi P.

    I love and embrace your art. Its feels both honest and thoughtful and its simplicity brings reflection.

    As Rasta would say...positive vibration. As Shaman would say....good medicine.

    There is a certain stateliness about your poses that brings a feeling of royalty, Yet a humility that reminds me of a serving kingship....You know....the consumate "good king" who rules for the sake of his people.

    If you ever have a showing, or if you have a studio, or even if you just have a bunch of pics in the back seat of your car....I'd drive a few hours to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don,

    Thank you for your very kind comments... One day we shall meet. I will commit to this.

    As for the "good king" thing? The only time I'm anywhere near looking royal is when I sit on the "throne." ;)

    Thank you nonetheless for the kind comments and wonderful compliments.

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check this out:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpEnFwiqdx8&feature=fvw

    Ask youself: Where is the Spirit?
    Are people starving for it and a real connection to it? And what does this mean for Woodland Art?

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good on ya bud!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!