Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, May 09, 2010

"In Loving Memory of Oliver"

"In Loving Memory of Oliver" copyright 2010 don wright

 Our friend Oliver died the other day. He died too young. He died of a broken heart. We are going to mourn the loss with his family today, mothers day. I painted this for Olivers mom yesterday. It is a picture of the transition and translation of Oliver Bodemann. I tried to provide the medicines of love and peace and unity. Everyone talks about the great light and so I wanted Oliver to bask in it. I built the painting based on fours and circles, which are symbols of the creators perfection and provide a framework of balance. I tried to use a soul pleasing blue in Oliver and around the great light to signify how he is now one with the great spirit. I put Christ's cross in his body for it is Christ who prepared Olivers way back to the creator.

peace

6 comments:

  1. Good job Don!
    P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was nice to paint again. I feel like I am starting all over in a way, yet in another, I am at a new level. While my brushstrokes are tentative, I really feel like I'm connecting with spirit and creative vision. I am not pre sketching but just paint to canvas and I try to let the spirit guide me. Ritchie told me that when the spirit leads, there is no such thing as a mistake, only a calling to a new direction. Just trust and go.

    I have also decided to use the Cree syllabic thats spells don in honor of P. who offered this to me as a gift. Its a beautifully simple signature that I will be proud to use it for the next "leg of my journey".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a most beautiful painting Don. It is a fine work in every sense. The symbolic Word, embued with love, is forever alive.

    Oliver's Mom will certainly treasure your gift and I trust that it will bring her sweet moments of warmth and peace.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting is beautiful, and we the family appreciate this very much. It's diffucult to find words at a time like this, but this kind of thing does beyond words I can express, thank you so very much.
    Andree Bodemann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andree.
    Thankyou for the kind words. Thankyou for the BBQ with Olivers spices. Thankyou for including me. I could hear the firecrackers from the other side of Mississauga Rd! He was such a cool guy and you are all such beautiful people.
    don

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps, the fireworks were also Oliver's, he had bought them in the US just 2 weeks ealier, had them UPS'ed to himself up here, but sadly didn't get to use them...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!