Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, June 11, 2010

Painting in Spirit

So I close my eyes and dream,
I think about the creator
and how we have been blessed.
I think about Spirit and how
life giving breathe was poured out on us.
I think about people I love
and love itself.
I meditate on the granduer and glory of life in Spirit
and I stop and wait patiently
as praises still reverberate in my head
and then a vision appears.
Using my childlike talent
I just give what I got
and while the critic in me scorns,
the Spirit in me rejoices
Expresions of Spirit
Young, Old, talented and talentless
Spirit rejoices in our expressions.
Despite any fleshly thing
Spirit reaches out
with me as a vessal or an instrument
to bring life
to bring healing
to bring restoration
to bring understanding
to bring peace to the soul
and to rejoice in this wonderful life
in Spirit.

The pen is not mine
The paintbrush is borrowed
The paper was given to me
The talent I have is a gift
and the talent I lack is also a gift
It will be the journey road
I travel with Spirit.

peace be your journey

2 comments:

  1. I know that Jesus didn't live like John the baptist and that when John was preparing the way for Jesus he acted ten kinds of weird so that when Jesus turns up he doesn't seem half as weird as John.

    I keep telling myself that's what you're doing. Swinging out way to the edge of loopiness so that when you settle it will be somewhere more in the middle. I have to tell myself that or i would be worried.

    I know it's much deeper than semantics and more profound than i could understand but God isn't just some all embracing spirit daddio he's relational and personal and hes got a name which means people have to be born again through what Jesus did on the cross or they can't know him. Not everyone can just know him and certainly not by any other way apart from Jesus!

    There i said it now i know you know it but maybe you might forget it so i wanted to remind you.
    My pastor said i should remind you about Jesus anyways so, there i did.

    Brenda MWAH MWAH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Brenda.
    I shall post again and maybe do a better job at explaining. I always welcome your comments and love you for loving me enough to remind me.
    cheers
    dw

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!