Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, September 17, 2010

One of My Favourite PLaces on Earth


View Larger Map


This is one of my favourite places on earth! I stop here when I make the drive to and from Toronto. It is really close to hwy 11. I stop here to stretch and to breathe life before proceeding. I have taken many hitch hikers here. There is a trail here called the trans canada trail, and it goes through a small ravine and ends up at the river. From there, one can see magnificent larger falls. The real beauty though is in the forest patch beside the road. There are a few old growth trees there and I feel confident that they will remain, as I really beleive they will be protected. Its easy to miss the real beauty of this park if all you do is use the loo, drive around the loop and go. You also miss the real beauty if you get lured to parking and looking at the obvious. Most people do this. They get out of their cars, and they walk over to the railing and say..of isnt this beautiful. One little boy headed down the trail and I heard "Honey..come back..we dont want you to get hurt..this is dangerous" My Lord my heart sank. I wanted to shout out to them. Their fear of the inknown caused them to miss the real gem, which was simply 50 feet from where they stood. Lifes like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!