Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, October 07, 2010

Community Spirit is Spirit in Community

Sue and I got to help with the local food banks Thanksgiving Food Drive. We showed up at the basement of one of the churches in town. They were thankful to see us and we got right to work sorting. The schools and clubs and grocery stores had all taken part in this massive campaign. There were hundreds of paper bags full of various food stuffs. It was like reverse shopping. We would grab a bag and then go down the isle putting food back on the shelf. Like items were then boxed. Bags became piles became boxes. More and more people kept showing up. Various youth groups showed up and it was like bedlam. hahaha we were tripping on each other. We were like army ants though. Each person found a function.

Outings like this are great for poeple watching. It was fun and very tiring. Finally Sue and I decided to sneak out. Most of the work was complete and there were still people showing up to help. It was nice to feel community and to work side by side with so many poeple who just want to make sure that everyone eats.

People in Sturgeon Falls are proud and beautiful people and I get the sense that things like this are important to them. Well I say God bless community and community Spirit and Spirit in community. This is what God really wants. That we would care for each other and love each other in spirit and in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!