Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Temagami Old Growth

From The Great Outdoors


There are several pockets of old growth scattered throughout the Temagami region. While travelling on logging roads, I come across many magestic trees thgat got missed when the loggers first started harvest. I believe the government puts a lengthy freeze on all land that is harvested, in order for it to regenerate. I suspect that many of these beautiful trees will be extracted next time through. Machinary and technology is much differant now.

I came across a stack of about 40 old growth trees that had been cut, stripped, piled and abandoned. It really breaks my heart to look at a stack of trees that are bigger around than my hug......left to rot.

Magnificent Creator
As I hug these trees,
I can sense your presence
You have provided for us above and beyond our requirements
Help me Lord God to respect this
Help me Lord God to take only what is required
and to be grateful and caring with those provisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!