Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, November 26, 2010

Drunk


Drunk you say? Yes drunk. I do this a couple times a year. I dont drink on a daily basis...no real interest. However, every now and then I get a hankering to tie one on...and I do. I make no apologies. I actually consider it a blessing. I am a happy drunk. I get drunk, laugh and then fall asleep. I dont have much stamina and it doesnt take me much.

I share this because I want you to know that I am human. Just because I have a Spirit relationship, it doesnt mean I am "pure", or that my relationship is measured by such things. My Christian brothers and sisters may point to scripture to show me how I am disappointing my Lord and breaking His law and statutes. Non Christians will point to my behaviour as hypocritical...Look at him..he preaches one thing and does another. Funny how the pendulum swings.

Jesus said that it wasnt what went in, but what came out that mattered. He told me that there are a great many things which are OK when taken with thanksgiving. Paul told us that we should go ahead and take some wine now and then for our many and constant ailments. To the critical, I am using scripture to justify my actions.

I feel for those who have an alcohol problem. I would and do stand by my brothers and sisters who have drinking problems. Yet, on the same token, I partake with a clear conscience and joy. I am grateful for the pleasures of alcohol. I love the taste of beer. I love a fine wine. I love a good scotch.

cheers!

1 comment:

  1. You're having way to much fun up there!! Good for you both!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!