Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, November 21, 2010

Late Fall Adventure on the Sturgeon


There is a beautiful cove up at Sandy Falls. We like to float around and bask in the sun. The cove is wind protected and the sites are breathtaking.
 

We broke ice as we went upward through a tributary. I wanted to explore the origins of the creek, as I beleive it originates from the home of the loons. It is a rush hearing the ice crack by the bow of the boat.



We went as far as we could and parked the boat and went for a hike. We found an awesome trail in the bush and followed it back, close to our house. We will be ablke to access the trail by ATV and have access to 1000's of acres of crown land. This was a good find.


We hiked for a few hours and made our way home. It was very cold last night and I suspect this water will be already frozed back over. The ice was already 1/4"! Winter is upon us and I will soon need to take the boat out of the water......but maybe one more adventurew first....The sun is out again today.

2 comments:

  1. Kivoja luontokuvia näin suomalsien silmin. ON kiva tutustua muiden maiden kultuuriin ja ihmisiin näin blogin välityksellä. Pidän kovasti sinun blogista. Tule sinäkin katsomaan Teuvon kuvat blogi ja kerro myös kaikille kavereillesi miksi kannattaa käydä katsomassa Teuvon kuvat blogi. Samalla saadaan teidän maanne lippu nousemaan korkeammalle minun blogissa. Talviterveisin Teuvo Vehkalahti FINLAND

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Translates as......

    Nice images of nature such suomalsien eyes. It's nice to explore other countries' memories for life and people through this blog. I love your blog. Come see the pictures Teuvo blog and tell all your friends why you should visit Teuvo pictures blog. At the same time provide your country's flag to rise higher in my blog.
    Winter Greetings
    Teuvo Vehkalahti
    FINLAND

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!