Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Seven Grouse Feathers for a Friend


In my travels and wilderness adventures, I like to collect things. I specifically like feathers and driftwood and rocks. I found these grouse feathers and driftwood on the Temagami River. Someone had shot a grouse and left everything but the breasts. I dont have a problem with people hunting, but I sure wish that this beautiful bird would have been respected a bit more. As strange as this seems, whenever I come across such a site, I take a few feathers so that the memory and power of the grouse will somehow lilve on. Driftwood also speaks to me. I shouldnt use the word speak, lest you think I'm insane, but I'm sure many of you know what I mean. This ancient piece of wood had its beginnings as a beautiful tree. As time took its course, this piece of driftwood bounced and rolled its way down miles of pristine river. Each piece is special and unique and tells its own story.

I gathered 7 of these feathers and united them with my favourite piece of driftwood. I put this on my windowsill. Every time I look at it, I am reminded of my friend and his special struggle. When I look at this, I am compelled to thank the Creator, Lord God for my friend and his family.


Heavenly Father. Thank You for Your plan of salvation. I thank You for making Yourself known amongst my friends and peers. Today and each day, I pray that You would give Your peace and protection to my friend and his family. I especially pray for the children Lord. You know their names. I ask that you continue to put Your arms around them. Lord God I pray that You would hug my friend and his family and that they would feel Your mighty presence. I thank you Lord for the gift and opportunity to pray for my friends. Many people pray to You in many ways. I pray to You in and through the name of Jesus Christ, for this is what You have taught me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!