Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, December 18, 2010

Grandfather Rock - Lake Obabika

"Grandfather Rock - Lake Obabika" Copyright don wright 2010

 Grandfather Rock - Lake Obabika" Picture Copyright Kim Cowan

Grandfather Rock - Lake Obabika" Picture Copyright Kim Cowan

There is a sacred place on the northern reaches of Lake Obabika, just at the foot of the old growth stand. I have been there and left tobacco offerings in honor and respect. I saw the above photo on Freinds of Temagami Facebook by Kim Cowan. It sparked my memory and my imagination, so I created the above art work. It is fitingly called "Grandfather Rock - Lake Obabika" and I dedicate this art to all those who appreciate this wonderful and sacred place.

2 comments:

  1. Cool Don. Is that a painting? Dimensions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob. Yes it is a painting. Acrylic on paper and the circle is about 16 inches across.
    dw

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!