Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, January 17, 2011

The Joy of Congregation - Part Two

As I mentioned. I am now motivated to find a congregational place of worship. As the list has been getting smaller, I am realizing that I dont want to go to any of them. However, I must. I am a big boy and can surely decide on my own. Yet this yearning inside stays. Dagnabbit. My need or desire for corporate worship is stronger than my taste. hahaha..."It tastes bad, but if you take it, you'll feel better".  Why would the marvelous glory of God be presented in this way?

Tradition. Somewhere around the late 1700-1800, the churches "locked and loaded" their order of service. Somehow, these dated proceedures have lost touch with society and cultural norms. They are becoming irrelevent in todays society. The message is being lost because the person who needs to hear the message, cant because its in a differant life language. Why would we interact in our society all week one way, and then step back 200 years to worship God, and then venture back out into the world and try to live His will. There is a disjuncture and a seperation. Are we reaching for the past, thinking that that is where we last saw God? I always ask myself....Could I bring a churchless unbeleiver to my place of worship?

It makes my blood boil when we follow proceedures in our church services that are irrelevent. Whats with this processioanl where they robe the key people and march them down the isle with atricles of faith as the congregation eagerly awaits the arrival of their pastor. And whats with the gate that seperates the people from the communion elements. And why am I told what to pray, told when to satnd up and told when to sit down. I dont fit in this play.

My wife said....what did you expect? You knew the program in advance, you went, and now you have the nerve to complain? I am not interested in fighting the battle of change in tradition. I need to admit to myself that its all ^%&*-ed up. I think I must simply shut up and accept that this is the way it is. Brenda mentioned that maybe its about what I have to offer, not what they have to offer me. Damn I hate wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!