Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, May 20, 2011

Old Womans Bay - Lake Superior

This is a view from the beach at Old Womans Bay...Is that snow on the far bank?

Yup...There were still pockets of snow all over Northern Ontario

Beach and Cold Cold water!

Walk on the beach

self portrait

Photo Op Thanks to timers on cameras

Old Womans Bay is in Lake Superior Park. It is about 40 minutes east of Wawa. We stop here every time we pass. My buddy Dan's ashes rest here. We pay our respects to him, to life and to the one with all knowledge and power. That makes this spot sacred to me. It was said that Gitchie Manido actually lives here in this lake. I see why this is beleived. This Lake is the center of a great circle of life. So much depends on this lake. It is the biggest and most awesome and untamed of all the great lakes. This is a place of great abundance, great beauty and a place of rest for the soul.

Lord God, Magnificent Creator,
Great Spirit, Very God, Very Man,
Source of all,
Your magnificence is ever present
I can feel it in Your creations
I can see it in Your people
I can touch it with my hands,
Yet Yours is a power of which I have no control
I therefore journey in faith
that Your magnificent hand will guide Your creation
just as You will and desire
just as you envisioned and just as you dreamt
Thank You Lord God
for this very day
and Your very presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!