Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Blessed and Bitten

All spring we collected logs that floated down stream. We would go out with our canoes, rope them, and then paddle like crazy to beat the current. For this reason, we had to get logs upstream from our place. Once they had passed, they were too difficult, and drifted into the next scavengers place....hahah, my buddy Richard is downstream and he has a few that we missed.

We winched the logs in using the ATV and then chain sawed them to crib size. Once we had the wooden crib, then we filled them with beautiful top soil. Sue bought a bunch of vegetables and we planted.

Here is the last remaining log from the season. Most of the logs have been Cedar.

These are Sues favourite wild flower. My mom calls them "Devils Paintbrush". We dont care for the name because they look like God's glory to us. I was forbidden to cut the lawn where these flowers grow. I am not sure how my nighbour feels about his "au-natural" neigbours. We like pasture.

If I was a vegetable, I would be very happy in our new gardens.
If I was a wildflower, I would be content to flower on this lawn
If I was a log, floating down the river, I would be proud to be a garden
If I was a mosquito, blackfly, horsefly, Deerfly, sand flee or no-seeum
I would get my ass out of dodge, and not look back
but I'm not.
I am just blessed and bitten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!