Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, December 04, 2011

Almighty God

The Almighty said there was only one God. We needed a name. The Almighty could not be contained in a name, nor would any name suffice. For a long time, the Name was so holy, feared and revered that it could not be spoken. No name could do justice. As man does, a name can become a symbol or an idol and quite possibly a replacement for the real thing. Yet man needed to have a name, just as we required an earthly king.  

Moses broke the ice and got up enough courage to ask the un askable....What is Your name? Moses was told, I AM that I AM.....I AM who I AM....I IS what I IS. Was that a "never mind"? or was that a clue. 
So man proceeded to try to find a name for the un-nameable.

The name list is big. It contains so many adjectives, nouns, pronouns, verbs....all are used to try to capture the essence of God. As I ponder my personal name of God, I realize its not a name, its an all powerful feeling. My name for God within can not be spoken, for not one name is worthy....YET I lovingly, respectfully, joyfully and faithfully honor and speak all these names. 

I am told that there is no other name by which I am saved, and that name is Jesus. I read that Jesus is God. I would suggest that it is not the name that saves, but the Almighty. Jesus, the Christ made it possible for me to experience the living God, here today, yesterday and tomorrow. I guess I am a bit like Thomas and just needed to see the the holes in his hands; holes through which I can experience the creator and God within.

Here is a partial list of names used in Hebrew literature....and this is the tip of the ice berg!!!!

I AM
YHVH
Jehovah
Yahweh
Hashem - The Name
Elohim
God
Elohei
El
Eloah
Elah
Yah
Adonai
Hakkadosh
Savior
Redeemer
Messiah
Spirit of God
Consuming Fire
Creator
Father
Fortress
Judge
King
The Light
Wonderful Counselor
Shiloh
Shepard
Rock
Just One
Alpha
Omega
Abba
Spirit
Mashiach
Yeshua
Lord
The Power
The Sovereign One
The Son
The Holy Spirit
jAll in All
Cornerstone
Christ
Door
The Last Adam
Holy One
Horn of Salvation
Immanuel
Kohen Gadol
The Way

and the list goes on.........








No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!